Monday, March 18, 2013

(-,-")

My bones want to melt
My muscles want to let go
My body wants to stop
Walking,
Struggling
Fighting,
for air,
for life.
My mind painted a picture for me,
But now it’s all in black and white.
The trees are bent, tired, closed.
My heart, the same
But still, my thoughts keep talking,
Walking,
Struggling,
Fighting,
For air,
For life.
How can you erase a picture so clear,
So real?
Tell me how to erase myself from it,
And lay, my own tired steps to rest.
I see
I’m stumbling,
Not walking.
I’m tripping now
Not talking.
There’s a pain inside my chest
Born of silence, grief, unrest
Who’s there but me to claim it?
Who knows but me to name it?
I’m sorry for my apathy,
My lassitude at dawn.
I’m circling now through forests
Trying to find my niche...
 
p/s: really reflect how do i feel now.... love her writing very much; Yasmin Mogahed

No comments:

Post a Comment